Wednesday, September 11, 2013

MotoGP: San Marino GP

The 15th of September 2013 will see the MotoGP paddock move to Misano to continue the championship battle. Officially named Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli, Yamaha and Jorge Lorenzo are feeling confident after the last race where he finished ahead of Marc Marquez on the Repsol Honda. 




Valentino Rossi is also excited to be back at his home GP on a Yamaha where he has experienced 2 premier class MotoGP victories.  

We expect a good battle to be had between the Yamaha and Honda teams respectively. Can Lorenzo hold off a charging Marquez? Will Dani try to pass Marquez? And can Valentino get up to the front runners. We would also like to see the satellite teams provide some good racing as they usually do. What I personally don't want to see is Marc or Jorge storm off into the lead and win the race. 

Circuit information: 


CircuitMisano
LocationMisano Adriatico, San Marino
Length (m)4226
Width (m)14
Turns16
Turns righ10
Turns left6
Pole positionleft



Record Lap
Time1'33.906
RiderJ.Lorenzo
BikeYamaha
Year2011
Best Lap
Time1'33.138
RiderC.Stoner
BikeHonda
Year2011
2012 Results
1stJ.Lorenzo (Yamaha): 42'49.836
2ndV.Rossi (Ducati): +4.398
3rdA.Bautista (Honda): +6.055

Valentino Rossi: 

“Misano is next and it is my home Grand Prix and an important weekend. I like the track, I always go fast there, especially with the Yamaha and last year also I was able to do a very good race. In the past I was always on the podium with Yamaha. We will arrive very strong and we will try to do our best.”




Jorge Lorenzo:

“I feel strong again like I was at Montmeló and Mugello before the crash. The performance at Silverstone was really good, the only weak point there was the top speed compared to our rivals, but at last we achieved a great victory against Marc. I thought it was pretty difficult to beat him when he overtook me but finally I could get the win and it was fantastic. Misano is a track I enjoy a lot and also the Yamaha is comfortable there. My next goal is to fight for the victory once more and think race by race, improving our pace step by step.”





No comments:

Post a Comment